Friday, April 15, 2005

C2, writing from Iraq...

Work is fine. I have a 'problem' employee that I inherited and she'd 'going away' for a few days to Kuwait. She has problems but don't we all? I missed the body building contest last night as I forgot but there's a power lifting one on this Sunday and I'll try to take some pics. Not much is happening here. Some stuff. Did I send you the pics of the hooches and the decking? They got an award for that deck. Your deck is deserving of such too (when it's finished.) I've got to send some pics to Sandy as well and will do that today. ... I'm still hacking up green stuff and have started to work out again. I'd like to weigh 225 or so by the time I come back in July. Heck, I don't have much else to do here. How's Survivor night going?


Another email...

Living on a military base in a war zone has it's downers. There are your usual explosions and then there are the ones where you say 'that didn't sound right.' They're blowing up stuff all the time around here and usually it's far away, but just this morning was the closest mortar round to date. They (the bad guys) set up a delayed mortar during the night and then it might go off during the night but usually during the day, (which allows the bad guys to get away.) The explosion was BOOM and what did we do? We all ran outside to see it! Then went back to work since it was an attack on the airport/runway. If it caused any damage, they'll have it repaired by noon (it's 10 AM right now.) I should have taken a pic but I forgot the camera but it's your basic mushroom cloud. Anyway, I need to and other boring stuff. I look forward to lunch and dinner as I get to eat and see great haircuts.

Uh, do you have an extra coffee maker that you don't want? One that'll run on 220v? Just thought I'd ask. I need to send you some trinkets too to share with all. What are you doing around July/early August? Want to come to Abu Dahbi? We'll do a layover in Berlin and I'll show you a dungon or two. ... Here's a pic of a scorpion from Vector Control (they handle the creepy crawling things here.)

No comments:

Analytics