Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I've been working a lot. I don't really enjoy it when this happenes.

C2 writing from Iraq...

I suppose having to go to lunch in a flak jacket really says something about ones environment. I have to admit that there have been a couple of times (even on the convoy ride here) that made me think twice. I was talking to my boss the other day about camel spiders and he mentioned a story about a Major here having a spider fall from the tent ceiling and bite him. I didn't have a nightmare but I did think about it and that evening examined my tent area for any creepy crawleys. I got an email that my grandma died the other day as well. I'm not coming home for the memorial and I'm sure some will think of me as a cad for missing the event. I feel bad about it and I feel like I've abandoned you and others to some degree as well. Yes, I think about it.

Anyway on the flip side, It just keeps getting better here. Yesterday I discovered a stash of Holiday packages sent by kids in the US for servicemen. They had more than they knew what to do with and KBR got a bunch and here it is April and there is still some left! I was running out of toothpaste (there is none at the PX) and so I picked up a few packs with toothpaste and other goodies! Now if there were just some medium underwear and socks in some of those packages I'd be set! There is NO medium underware or white socks at the PX here. If you ever go to Iraq, bring plenty of underwear!


So, I'm sending C2 a care package of underwear and socks.

No comments:

Analytics