Sunday, December 31, 2000

The World is Small.

Friday night I went to the Cuff, and nothing much happened. I ran into Scott, who gave me an invitation to a holiday party that he and Randy were throwing on Saturday. I was in bed by 2:00am

Saturday, Mom called me at 8:00am. I was still fast a sleep. She wanted to talk about our trip to Zimbabwe in February. I mumbled to here for a while, and then she figured out that I wasn't fully awake. After we hung up, I got up, ran some errands and worked a bit (I am so far behind on the replication control conversion). In the evening, I ate at the Bento Box, and then went Randy and Scott’s. This is where things become interesting.

Scott and Randy live in a nice house on Beacon Hill. Randy’s parents own the house. Randy, Scott and two other guys are living in, and remodling the house. They are doing a great job. There are building water fountains and little gardens all over the place.

The political structure of the household is kind of weird. One of the two other roommates is Randy’s ex, Michael. Mike actually lives in an Airstream Bambi Trailer next to the house. Randy said Mike does it because he wants a cat, and Randy is allergic to cats. Oddly enough there was a cat in the main house. Mike also lives in the trailer because he likes the privacy.

Most of the guys at the party were the regular mature-gay house party set. Mark “Mom” Findly, the drag queen was there. She loved me, because I made her (him?) look small.

Later on in the evening, this guy, Sean showed up. Sean is an attractive beefcake kind of guy. I found it hard to read him. At first, he didn’t really pay attention to me. But, when I started talking to him, he was more than friendly. While Sean and I were talking, all of a sudden Sean shouted “Your Barry!” It turns out that Sean was the friend that Cort was supposed to sleep over at on Christmas Eve. I said that Cort slept in my spare bedroom, and Sean replied that he knew. We had an interesting conversation about Cort. It turns out that Cort, Sean and Sean’s ex were trying to be friends. I think that Sean did have a bit of a crush on Cort, but things were getting awkward. First off Cort lives in Portland. Second, Sean caught Cort and Sean’s ex messing around behind Sean’s back.

So, Sean, a friend of Sean and I, talked and drank the night away. Sean’s friend was a good, interesting man. He was in his late 40’s. He built expensive Christmas displays for a living.

I found it hard to read Sean. He didn’t really touch me, but he was more than happy for me to touch him. It wasn’t until I was about to leave, that he grabbed me and said, “You’re not going to leave already are you?”

At the end of the evening, Sean and I necked a bit, and then we each went to our own homes. Sean has my number. I hope he’ll call.

It’s Sunday morning now. I just got off the phone with Gord and Jen. Their baby Jacob is doing ok. It was Jacob’s first Christmas, so now they have dozens of little toys. Jacob’s favourite toy was a compost pail that Gord’s mom got for Christmas.

No comments:

Analytics