Sunday, December 10, 2000

Brian and I went to Vancouver for the weekend. It is Brian’s last weekend off before he goes to prison. About 6 years ago, Brian got a second DWI. He fought it tooth and nail, and ended up pissing the judge off. The net result was 4 months (with good behavior) on work release. So, this was his fare well weekend. In a way I’m kind of looking forward to it. Four months for him to get over me.

He gets Christmas Day off, and really wants to spend it with me. I think I’ll tell him I’m spending it in Toronto.

We drove up Saturday morning and checked into the holiday in hotel. In the afternoon we went to Grandville Island.

Saturday Night we met up with my friend Barry from Toronto. He’s doing well. He has a dog right now, and seams to be in love with it.

The Vancouver bar seen is very quiet. Considering the size of the City, there aren’t a lot of interesting bars. Also, it’s a very twink crowd—not a lot of ordinary guys.

Sunday morning I was really hung over. I puked twice. We had lunch at Hamburger Mary’s Hiked around Stanley Park, and then left.

At the boarder I was stopped and asked to check in. I expected this because I’m changing status from H1-B to Permanent resident. But, Brian had some pot on him. So when the guard asked us to pull over, Brian was real scared. Nothing weird happened. They checked our ID. Put a new form on my work Visa, and let me go.

As we left, I had to pull over and by Brian a 6pack of beer. He was still unnerved by the whole thing.

No comments:

Analytics