Thursday, November 09, 2023

We recently had layoffs at work, mainly affecting middle management and senior employees. Fortunately, my department was not affected. Looking at the list of those laid off, I'm not entirely sure what their jobs were, so it seems like a reasonable decision.

Reflecting on it, I wouldn't mind being laid off myself. It could be a clear signal to take a break from the daily grind, focus on what's next, and possibly ease up on my career ambitions.

Reactions to the layoffs vary. In my department, most people seem quite calm about it. It reaffirms that our objectives and aspirations exceed our current capacity to achieve them.

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

The Son had layoffs, 17 people were let go and they did away with his Night Shift, so now he had to move back to Days and replace people they laid off... which means more work for those left. He kinda wishes they'd lay him off too so he can collect unemployment, take a breath, and find something closer to Home so the commute isn't so brutal. I Loved your last Sentence... well said.

Analytics