Monday, November 20, 2023

The recent layoffs, followed by the ensuing reorganization and associated chaos, have turned my work into a nonstop firehose of tasks. I despise being the manager who convenes last-minute meetings to discuss last-minute deliverables with last-minute deadlines, but here I find myself.

As many of my colleagues take this week off for vacation, I'm hoping for a moment of tranquility to catch up and ponder our current situation. We are so busy that we can't think.

Later this week, we'll be hosting a large Thanksgiving dinner. The Husband's relatives are coming in from out of town, and we've also invited friends.

My role will be to roast the turkey. I look forward tot that. There's something satisfying about roasting meat. It's not particularly challenging; it demands more patience than skill. And the outcome tastes great.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

So Mr. Man.....

How will you roast Your Bird, or will your have Beef and Bird... or throw a Pork Tenderloin in there to make it interesting.... Will you use smoker, or the Big Green Egg, or some gas/electric stove....

Just curious... . ????

Analytics