Monday, November 06, 2023

I regularly video chat with my parents. I got them a smart display at the start of COVID, which has been a wonderful way to stay in touch, especially since my mother's strokes.

The smart display sits off to the side of the living room. My parents have to navigate across the room to use it. When I call, Dad answers, then goes back to assist Mom. He patiently guides her across the room, and she eventually flops down into a chair with no coordination or control. It's a tough sight to witness. 

On Saturday, we put up Christmas decorations, at least on the inside of our house. My husband enjoys the decorations, and since we will be spending Christmas with my parents, he wanted ours to be up a few extra weeks.

Sunday, we took my husband's mother out to see a musical, "Hadestown." It's a great musical. My mother-in-law is also in decline. She is rather frail and on oxygen all the time, so getting her into and out of the theater is a logistical challenge. I don't mind doing it though, even if it does take a few extra hours for us to get there and back.

Monday, my husband flew off for work. On the way down, he wrote me a touching love text inspired by "Hadestown." It was very sweet of him.

No comments:

Analytics