Monday, April 10, 2023

"Neither a borrower, nor a lender be. For loan oft loses both itself and friend. And borrower dulls the edge of husbandry."


A few weeks ago, I loaned C2 our iron. That was my mistake. C2 doesn't want to buy more stuff. He borrows when he can.

Of course, last Saturday the husband needed the iron. I reminded him that C2 borrowed it. The husband was miffed.

"He has a good income. He can go buy his own iron." The Husband worked off his frustration by heading out and buying a new iron.

A few days later when we shared these events with our room mate, she said "Irons are cheap. Why didn't he buy one?"

I texted C2 about the loaned iron. He responded "What does it really mean to 'loan' anyway?"

My bad. I have learnt my lesson.



2 comments:

Bathwater said...

I have occasionally failed to return tools, but not with the same mindset as his text suggests. I would not be leading out further objects.

Anonymous said...

Exactly!

Analytics