Monday, March 15, 2021

1. I'm a little disappointed in myself. With my husband away I had planned to do all sorts of things. Projects I've been putting off. Reading. Instead I binge watched TV. I caught up on all the shows that the husband isn't fond of. And I played games.

2. Over a year ago I applied for U.S. citizenship. I've lived in the U.S. for twenty four years. I'm married to an American. It's time.

At long last I have an date for my citizenship interview-- the first week of April. Now I am busy studying my civics questions. Most are easy ("What major event happened on Sept 11, 2001?")  Some give me pause. ("What are the Federalist Papers? Why are they important?")


2 comments:

Bathwater said...

I am sure most citizens cannot answer those questions.

Bohemian said...

You'll have to inform me, a Lifelong American, what the Hell the Federalist Papers are, I'm too lazy to Google it and I'm pretty damned sure few Americans could even answer that Question... really. *LOL* Good luck with being approved. My Mom never bothered, she carried her Green Card {then they were Pink later on} the entire time she lived here, which was longer than she ever lived in her Country of Origin. I think she still got very Homesick, she never met many others from North Wales over the Years nor got to speak her Native Language with anyone.

Analytics