Saturday, July 18, 2020

My father-in-law is in his new apartment. Its one room with a kitchen and bathroom in an assisted living facility. 

Yesterday morning, my husband, his brother and their sister brought a few things over from my father-in-laws old apartment and set the new one up nicely.

My father-in-law arrived late in the afternoon. Covid prevents them from being together, though they can open a window to the outside and talk through it.

Today we start to clean out my father-in-law's old apartment. 


4 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Its again the sign of the times..... Children taking care of parents, who provided for them .. as we all progress I wonder sometimes is it worth it maintaining a house... would the money be better off in the bank, live in a comfortable surroundings among kindred hearts in a small complex. ... Elder Living.... I will be 67 this year... 13 more years I will be 80 if I make it... some where in there decisions must be made.

Harry said...

13 more years and you will be 80? Wow. I’ve know you for around 20 years. Aging feels so much more real right now.

Bathwater said...

All of my friends are going through some stage of this. I am not sure what will happen when I get to the age of needing taking care of. I cannot get my kids over here now.

Harry said...

Don’t depend on your kids! You may have years to lake that choice, or one day, you make make a stupid fall and need to make those decisions quickly.

Analytics