Thursday, November 01, 2018

"Get a shot " Tommy says. It's good advice.

I went to the Dr. last week for my annual checkup.

When he heard that I am traveling to India in November (for work) he updated my vaccines as well as giving me my flu shot.

He also gave me a prescription to prevent malaria. I don' think I'm going to take it though. I'll be in Bangalore in November. Bangalore is a very modern city. November is the dry season. Still, he insisted I take it.

A few days later he called me with my numbers. My cholesterol has gone through the roof! Now I am 10lbs heaver than the last time I had my cholesterol checked (2014) but, I'm exercising just as much as back then.

He is giving me six months to loose weight, change my diet and get my numbers back on track. After that we will discuss going on a statin.

Sigh.



No comments:

Analytics