Sunday, May 17, 2009

Satuday was L's 50th birthday. He looks good for 50, though he admitted he was given a face lift for his 45th birthday.

This was one of those events where I got to see many guys that I only see once or twice a year. I noticed that the guys I used to think of as young are now mature and the guys I used to think of as mature are now starting to look elderly-- gray hair on the face chest, sharp wrinkles on the face.

Saturday evening, Matt and Sandy came over for dinner. Sandy's monther has cancer and is very sick.

Earlier in the day RO noticed that the people we talk to are talking of death and disease more often than they used to. He wanted to forbid conversation about that. I told him that if you need to your friends from talking about death and disease, then you have the wrong friends.

Otherwise, it's been warm and sunny here Seattle. A very beautiful day. The front garden is starting to look great. I plugged in my lap top and worked in the shade.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

I hate to tell RO, but reality is setting in for my generation. I am on the downhill slide to 60...not there yet...but in the 50s.... Life is about losing a lil wgt... trying to stay healthy... making sure that you get to 65 without major health issues..

I wish it wasn't so, but life sometimes at my age throws a few curve balls... you just have to know when and how to hit the home run when they come.

Analytics