Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Valerian.

For a while now I've been looking into and trying out various herbal sleep aids. Chamomile has zero effect on RO and I. Melatonine makes us drowsy, but the effect doesn't last all night. RO frequently wakes up at three or four in the morning even if he's on melatonine.

Last night RO and I took melatonine and valerian. The combination didn't have much effect on me, but RO slept like a baby. He slept so well that I thought he took a regular sleeping pill behind my back. RO denied doing so and said that he only took the valerian. He also said that for the first time in a long time he had a great sleep and that he felt normal.

I hope that last night wasn't a fluke. At least we have a plan.

Buy the way, valerian smells bad. When I first opened the bottle I thought it had spoiled. But, after googling it I learned the truth.; valerian literally smells like poop.

RO just called. He reiterated how great he feels today; that he slept for a full night and woke up feeling energetic. He is also hopes that the last night was not a fluke. That it was caused by the valerian and melatonine.

I guess we will find out tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

hmmmm...i hope so for both of ya'll.

Analytics