Friday, June 13, 2008

I guess the moral of the following story is that I can sometimes be selfish. But not that selfish. And only in a funny way.

I have an allergy to some brands of toilet paper. I don't always know which brand until it's too late, so I didn't find out I was allergic to the Costco house brand of TP until after we bought a case.

Since using TP I'm allergic to is a bad idea, I went out and got myself some allergy free TP; thick, soft and infused with aloe.

I put my TP on the shelf next to the toilet, but RO start using it. I didn't want him to use it because I didn't want to be wasteful. We had a case full of the Costco TP and my TP was expensive.

So, I put the TP in the cupboard across from the toilet. My arms are longer than RO's and the cupboard is just out of his reach when he is sitting on the toilet. So, I could count on my easy access to the allergy-free TP and his continued use of the Costco TP.

This went on for weeks. RO used the Costco TP and I used the allergy-free TP.

Yesterday he figured out what I was doing. He was looking for a towel. He looked in the cupboard opposite the toilet. He saw the case of the allergy free TP and a half used roll. He put two and two together and figured out that I was hiding the nice, allergy free TP from him.

He told me what he thought of the situation last night. He accused me of being selfish, of hiding the nice TP from him. He had a big smile on his face the whole time.

I don't that bad for what I did. But I do need to make amends with RO. This morning I put a roll of the nice TP out for RO to use.

No comments:

Analytics