Friday, September 02, 2005

Last night RO baby-sat Steven's brother's kid's-- two of them, aged 8 and 9.

We played Halo 2 for a while. They were very excited-- "I don't think we are allowed to play that! That's for teens! Halo is rated mature! Is Halo ok for me?"

I told them there parents wouldn't know if they didn't tell them.

We played a very safe version of Halo, bascially driving around and ramming into each other; bumper cars.

After that, the 8 yo wanted to see my sword. I have a real sword that I keep as art. I pulled it out so they could touch it. They were delighted and scared at the same time. They ran behind the sofa and didn't want to get near it. Everything they know about swords comes from movies-- if you touch the blade, your finger will get cut off. It was hilarious. I just held it and they were amazed.

Of course, when their parents get back, what do they say? "We played Halo2! I didn't think we could play it because it's rated mature! Bob's parents won't let him play Halo! They have a real sword! I touched it!"

Arghhh!

No comments:

Analytics