Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I think my garbage disposer is dead. I broke a glass. Some shards went down the disposer intake. I didn't clean the glass out, I just turned the disposer on and hoped it would clear the glass.

It didn't. It got jammed. Very jammed. I've taken the disposer off the drain and tried to clean it out. That didn't work. Right now I either have to take the disposer apart to try and figure out the jam or I have to buy a new disposer. A new disposer is $150.00. Fixing the old disposer will take hours. I don't have that much free time and there is no guaranteed that I can fix the problem and properly put the disposer back together. On top of that, the dishwasher drains through the disposer. So I can't use the dishwasher until the disposer is hooked up.

Sigh. I guess I buy the new disposer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome to new homeownership! they sell a wrench that screws into the bottom of the disposer and manually turns the gears to fix any jams. I found out after buying a new disposer.

Analytics