Monday, October 23, 2000

New left turn in my life-- Harry and I are going to date again. I ran into him Saturday night at the Cuff. I didn’t recognize him at first. He’s cut his hair real short, and has grown a beard. He didn't mean to have his hair buzzed on the back-- there is a scar there shapped like a smile. When his hair dresswer was cleaning it, she accidentally buzzed it with a #1. To try and make lemons out of lemonade, he's shaved two eyes above the scar; now he has a happy face on the back of head.

Harry has vowed to never have short hair again and is wearing a cap all the time. He'll probably re-grow his pony tail.

We talked a while and I told him I wanted to try and work things out. He said he wanted the same. We spend the evening together, and hung around some of his friends. He’s got a new straight-but-I-see-guys friend; I guess he’s hanging out at the truck stops again.

We agreed to get together Sunday afternoon, but he didn’t show up. He called me later in the day and apologized. He said that he was so hung over from Saturday night that he couldn’t get out of bed. Right now, he’s going to come over to my place Tuesday after work. He said he has lots of questions.

Sunday night I went to R&J’s to watch Iron Chef; Tuna Battle. Later on we carved pumpkins for Halloween. You can buy pumpkin carving templates now. They didn’t have that when I was a kid. It makes things so much easier.

Next Friday on Iron Chef is a Pumpkin Battle. I’ll be at R&J’s for sure!

Got some email from Andy in L.A. I’m going down to visit him next weekend. He’s planning a real party weekend with stops at a lot of great spots. He really wants me to like L.A. Could be fun. From what I've seen you either love L.A. or you hate it.

Andy also said that he missed me. Weird. Andy and I have never said anything touchy feely to each other. That’s the great thing about our friend ship. We hang around each other because we want to, and not for emotional support or anything.

I think he might be remembering the reasons he left L.A. in the first place.

No comments:

Analytics