Thursday, June 15, 2023

While our mother is in the hospital, my youngest brother has moved in with dad. Young Bro can work remote. Mom's hospital is nearby. Young Bro spends time with mom in the mornings and evenings. 

Dad is pushing back on this arrangement. Young Bro and I are debating this. In the past, dad hid mom's cancer from my brothers and I because didn't want to inconvenience us. Dad is proudly independent. Too much so.

So Young Bro and I must judge-- is Dad pushing back because he is too proud to ask for help? Is Young Bro a genuine inconvenience? 

This morning Young Bro sent me a video of mom eating lunch. Her left hand is working well. Her right struggles. Watching the video made me a little weepy.

Hang in there mom. 



1 comment:

Bathwater said...

Hope your mom recovers. I think your father wants to be independent. We, old folks, are stubborn that way.

Analytics