Monday, February 07, 2022

My knee is almost back to normal. I can walk up and down stairs just fine. I still feel pain in my knee when I kick something with side of my foot.

It's been a social weekend. Thursday we had dinner with my old boss and his wife. After he left our old company, he opened up a cruise ship center. And then COVID hit. Business is slow. He has used COVID as an opportunity to buy up other cruise ship centers in that franchise. Good for him, though he is much more of a risk taker than I.

Saturday we brought the mother-in-law out to a nice dinner on the waterfront. She hasn't been away from her retirement home in a while. She appreciated the change.

Sunday we had dinner with Yo and the Angel. They are moving the Angel's mother to Seattle, so we discussed all the logistics that we had to go through. Shutting down the mother's house-- finding a place in Seattle-- correcting all the paper work, the insurance. Overall, moving the Angel's mother to Seattle is a good idea for them.



2 comments:

Bathwater said...

Taking care of our parents is a stage of our lives. Something I never thought about when I was younger. Something I have to consider as I get older.

Bohemian said...

Yes, taking care of Parents is a stage of Life, I sure miss mine even tho' the latter years were rife with complexities and difficult decisions to be made on their behalf. Glad you are getting out and Socializing some, we sure have missed that during Pandemic, the Human Connection.

Analytics