Saturday, October 13, 2018

I had a private lunch with the old boss. He chewed over what happened-- where he went wrong, and why he didn't put two and two together.

Some of this applies to me.

Our boss's boss believes in an "Up or Out" style of organization. No one should stay put in their job for years. There is either a line-of-sight to promotion, or you are being managed out.

There are a couple of people on my team who are long length in level. They are not doing a bad job, but they are not growing. No line-of-site to their promotion. My boss's boss is wondering why I'm not either managing them out, or coaching them to shine.

I must make one or the other happen. Sooner rather than later, or I am not doing my job.

The other problem is that I too am long length in level. The boss's boss thinks I may be plateaued. Eventually the same evaluation will apply to me.




1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Damn!!!!!

Analytics