Monday, December 30, 2013

C was in town over the holidays. We hiked up rattlesnake ledge.

Both of us are thinking about our retirements. Retirement is years off, but you have to plan ahead.

The challenge we face is what to do during retirement. We know a few people who have retired. Those that had no purpose, who just went on endless vacation, started drinking too much, getting fat, and sometimes got a little bitter over getting old. But those who kept a job, who found a purpose stayed healthy and interesting.

So then, what do I want to do in my retirement?

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

True Retirement is for the Birds.. you have to have some purpose in Life, as I see my friends grappling with this Life Event. I realized that my decision to stay somewhat in the work force, was paramount to my happiness. After retirement from the LaDOC, I began my second career. Now, I have paired the tempo down a great deal of the last 5 years, but still it was good for me to go on/back to work again.. it adds purpose to one's existence.

Analytics