Thursday, April 02, 2009

David Sedaris worked again! Last night the audio book that I chose was only 6 hours. We both slept poorly for the last two hours.

RO is so happy. He has had three full nights of sleep in a row.

I'm going to try out different audio books. I'm an audible.com subscriber so I have many in my library. I've spotted about half a dozen books should work. The reader is a gentle speaker. The subject matter is interesting but not exciting. The material is in short self contained segments so even if you become interested you won't have to pay attention for long to see how it ends.

Listening to audio books at night makes sleeping a little more surreal. I briefly woke up last night. I remember listening to the part where Sedaris is in France with a group of people including a Muslim from Morocco who doesn't speak their language. They try to explain Easter the Muslim.

"The son of your father died on two morsels of wood. He went up stairs. Then he went down stairs. Then the rabbit of Easter gave candy to the children."

At that point they debate if it was a rabbit or a bell. Apparently in some parts of the world, an easter bell brings candy.

The poor Moroccan concludes that Easter is an insane holiday.

And then I fell asleep again.

No comments:

Analytics