Wednesday, November 15, 2000

I sort of had a date on Tuesday. I had the day off because we were moving offices. Monday night I went out and had a drink at the Eagle. One of the bartenders there, David, has been working on me for years (Wow, have I been in Seattle for 3 years already?) So, I finally agreed to go out with him. We decided to go to the Scenic Hot springs. From the highway to the hot springs, it's a 45-minute hike up a steep hill. It's already snowing around springs, so the hike up was slippery. When we got there, we lucked out and got the hot springs all to ourselves. It was fun messing around in the hot springs, watching the sunset and the stars coming out.

But then we had to hike down. Remember how I said it was a 45-minute slippery walk up? When we left, it was dark, and just as slippery. We both fell a lot. I've got an inch long gash on my left arm from hitting a rock one time when I fell. Dave's hands have numerous small cuts from some of his falls, and his left elbow is bruised pretty badly.

For the most part I had fun.

Other than that, Tuesday I had lunch with Ryan. We went to Tokyo Oh! Teriyaki. Ryan and I have decided to write an essay about the Teriyaki shops in Redmond. There are dozens of them; they are all, almost exactly the same. About the only difference is how diarrheic the Teriyaki makes you. It’s so Redmond—full of ethnic imports that are just homogeneous and bland. Look for the essay real soon now.

No comments:

Analytics