Monday, September 25, 2023






There is another troll in the neighborhood, and hints of fall are visible in the trees.

Five trolls created by the artist Thomas Dambo can be found in the Seattle area.

The weekend was quiet. On Saturday, we had lunch with my cranky mother-in-law, who tends to complain loudly about various aspects of her life. She often expresses dissatisfaction with the food at her retirement home, although it’s unclear whether her complaints are entirely justified. These unresolved issues contribute to a growing bucket of resentments over time. Her eyes lit up as she told us about another unresolved issue and how she was going to complain even louder.

In the afternoon, we explored West Seattle, a neighborhood we’re considering for retirement. It offers stunning views, a welcoming environment for the LGBTQ+ community, ample shopping opportunities, and proximity to friends.

Currently, we reside in a fantastic home in a great suburban neighborhood. While we enjoy being next to a large park, we must drive to go shopping or visit friends. If we move to West Seattle, we’ll need to downsize to a smaller house with less parking.

I’ve come to accept that I have one-percenter problems.

After our West Seattle tour, we had dinner with our friend Tap. We discussed our situation with him, and he advised us to give up space and move somewhere smaller. Tap recently downsized from a larger house to a smaller condo and has no regrets. The change has provided him with more free time.

On Sunday afternoon, I cooked beef bourguignon—a fancy name for pot roast. In the evening, we hosted Evan and Allan for dinner, played games, enjoyed each other’s company, and savored the food.

2 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Moving from Albert Street to Marye Street was the best decision I have made in many years, Condo life is good for me, Now, My Unit is in Duplex but is Called Unit B There is a Unit A, The folks that reside there have been there for many years, both professoinal ladies. As Approach 70, (damn I hate to type that number) the maintenance on my 100 year old historic home was about to start mounting up.... I have no such worries here, I am very lucky to have had friends who offered me this residence . They also were my real estate agents.. IT worked out best of all of us.. Downsizing does give you a breath of fresh air, and tends to make u ask yourself "do you really need that second shovel or this 30 pair of socks....

Bathwater said...

You earn 1%er problems by working to get there.

Analytics