Monday, August 07, 2023


I am back in Seattle after spending a month in Ontario. It feels good to be home and sleep in my own bed.

Our dog ignored me when we first opened the door. She was very excited to see my husband, but when she saw me, she looked and sniffed, then turned around and ran back to him.

I’ve gained ten pounds in the past month. It’s hard to say no to pie when your father places a piece in front of you after dinner. My dad is not open to conversations about a heart-healthy diet. He is seventy-nine years old and has lived this way for years. If he changed his diet and something went wrong, he would blame it on the new diet.

My brother has also left my parents’ home. I hope all goes well with my parents. My parents now have personal support workers, but as a cousin put it, my mother has dementia, diabetes, has survived cancer, and is recovering from a stroke. We want her to recover and will work and pray for that, but we must accept that major recovery would be a miracle.


No comments:

Analytics