Monday, October 31, 2022

Mom is out of the hospital now

>That must be scary for her.

Actually. No. She also has short term memory problems. She doesn't remember that she was in the hospital. The short term memory issues are a blessing and a curse. Dad must always be near her in case something goes wrong. After the wrong is dealt with, mom doesn't remember what happened and goes back to being her cheerful self.


Saturday our neighborhood association held a Halloween event for the local kids. We didn't keep an official count. Judging from the photos about about 40 people attended plus 8 organizers.

I helped build our "Haunted Trail" and did the crosswalk duty-- the event was at a park that crosses a street. The husband took registrations and watched over the Haunted Trail.

Sunday we held a brunch for the mother-in-law. Monday is her 85th birthday. It was a costume brunch. Everyone showed up dressed in their Halloween best.

I invited C2. He backed out when he discovered that we were wearing costumes.

Quote from him from our chat... "Is this a big event where your husband bought special napkins and a little dog will be running all over the place and group pics will be taken and I have to pretend that I like people?"

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

Glad your Mom is Okay and recovering well. Short Term Memory and Memory Care Issues are indeed a Blessing and a Curse in so many ways. The Man has TBI and his Memory Care Issues are relatively profound, but better than they used to be. As I'm Aging, I also find my Short Term Memory ain't so good. I did remember my Three Words when the Medicare Nurses gave me my Senior Assessment... LOL.

Analytics