Monday, April 30, 2018

Steven's mother is doing OK. She had walking pneumonia and a high blood pressure spike. She is out of the hospital now.

I threw out my back. I was doing a new exercise, burpees, that are a wonderful full body exercise. Except they are also hard on the back.

At work things have gotten weird. Some background. I'm a manager. A peer of mine, M, is also a manager. Our boss's boss, F is new. F directly gave M a new responsibility, skipping over our boss and delegating direct to M. This new responsibility is tough and feels punitive.

M melted down. He left work for two days. He came back briefly on Friday to talk to his mentor. He left his mentor crying and went home again. Our boss also had to leave work. His blood pressure was high and he had a migraine.

Today M is back. M and our boss have been in and out of meetings all day.

I get it that F's ask is tough, but M's reaction did not help. F's authoritarian leadership isn't helping either.

I can only mind my own business and hope that it all works out.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Lines of Command Authority are sometimes blurred by "new bosses", those that come into an organization, not knowing the total structure. Instituing accountability and being consistent is always a good measure to judge stability.... I hope the new boss realizes all of this and is not on some power trip.. of personal upmanship

Analytics