Monday, September 18, 2017

Two friends of ours, Allen & Evan won a weekends stay at a resort on Lake Chelan.  They invited us along.
Lake Chelan is a dammed lake in the middle of the desert. In summer it's always sunny and warm. We had a lovely weekend.
We rented a boat for a few hours. Steven wants to own a boat. I'm fine renting. Boats cost thousands of dollars a year, so spending a few hundred to rent every now and then is well worth the trade.
We toured the lake, swam an inner tubed.  
In the evening we had dinner with Matt. I haven't seen Matt in years. We lost touch because he and my ex fought. That's become a pattern in my life—losing touch with friends because my ex and they couldn't get along.
Anyways, it was great to catch up with Matt and his new husband. Well. They've been together for 8 years now, so 'new' isn't the right word.
We headed back after lunch on Sunday. As we crossed the mountains, as if on queue, the rain started up again. We haven't had rain in months, so I'm actually enjoying it.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

The reuniting of friends is a wonderful time in one's life ..... one of the small wonderful things in this world

Analytics