Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The parents...

My parents are getting old. The roomies parents are getting old. It makes me ask hard questions about how I want to live out the rest of my life.

Fifteen years ago my mother flew with me for a month to Zimbabwe. Today she won't leave the country.

Steven's mother is pressuring him to buy a house big enough that she can move in.

A coworker just bought a new house with a bedroom on the ground floor, because his parents were having problems using the stairs at his old house.

C2's father just sits there and does nothing with his time.

I don't enjoy watching the inevitable changes of time affect my parents. I exercise regularly and watch what I eat. Perhaps this will extend my healthy and active life. But in the end...














1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

I see that so much in my neighborhood, children worrying about their parents. The children for the most part are adults in their late 40s and into mid 50s, They see their parents, they realize that they (adult children) are only 20 to 25 years away... time passes fast after 45.

These children also, for the most part, live out of town, in New Orleans, in Baton Rouge, several hours away. They all have very successful employment, lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc.. also there are demands from their companies and organizations. Careers battling with the concerns of aging parents...

Analytics