Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Vic probably has MS. All the test results aren't back yet, but the signs don't look good.

One of the Chris's had a heart attack. One of his arteries had 100% blockage. Other arteries have significant blockage. The doctors have put a stint in. He's doing OK and is in recovery.

Down in TX, Steven has broke up with his boyfriend. There was much drama, including the now ex-boyfriend calling 911 and saying that he was being beaten up. The police showed up and determied it was a verble arguement. Steven is OK.

A number of friends showed up at Steven's home in Dallas and moved him out within a few hours.

Steven says he wants to stay single for a long time.

My crowd of friends is getting old. Maybe I'm getting old. Friends with new crippling diseases are popping up every year. I no longer care about gay drama. My perspecitive has changed. Sometimes shit happens. Sometimes we bring the shit uppon ourselves by not thinking ahead.

I'm feeling philosphical right now. I wrote a rant about how Chris and Steven have no one to blame but them selves and how many of problems are really our own fault. But, then I heard about Vic and it sucked the wind out of me.

When I look over everything that's wrong with the store right now, I see that as hard as the recession is on us, that I am also a victim of my own choices. About a year and a half ago, to help the store grow, we took on some extra debt. I didn't want it, but RO felt it was the right thing so I went through with it anways. I wish I had paid more attention to my doubts. I wish I had done more planning.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

being retrospective sometimes helps, if you follow thru with it and not make the same mistakes over and over.

i too see all of us getting older and some friends not making wise choices, thinking they are still in their late 20s or late 30s knowing that they are in their mid 40s...

one friend confided in me the other night he realized the stupid decisions he has made here in his mid 40s will not be accepted once he reaches 50...there is something bout a gay man reaching 50 that is profound...he can not act like a 30 something anymore and get away with it.....

We all grow up sooner or later..some with just bad mistakes trailing them.

i hope Vic does well also...life sometimes becomes so cruel as we get older

Analytics