Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Last night RO and I saw Cyndi Lauper, the B-52's, Rosie O'Donnel and a few other... uh... up and comming artists whose names escape me. Let me look... Joan Armatrading and some guy who used to be on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

I was surpised how good the B-52's were. Especially since I've never been a fan. Yeah they had a couple of fun songs back in the 80's, but, now, twenty years later, they sound and perform great.

Cyndi Lauper was also excellent. She is a great musician, but not the best speaker. Her stories between songs tended to ramble on. Her performance was almost perfect. Although at one point she screwed up the lyrics to "Time after Time." The band had a good laugh at that and Cyndi apologized to the audience, especially to anyone who was proposing marrage at the time.

No comments:

Analytics