Sunday, April 20, 2008

Friday night RO and I went to Anne's wine party. We had fun.

Wend was at the party. Wend and I had an interesting conversation. We are both managers at the same company. Recently one of his employees left his group to work for me. We talked about the transfer and why our boss allowed it. It puts an important project of his at risk and it makes my group a bit top heavy-- the engineer who moved is a star performer. Neither of us are sure. It may be as simple as our director wanting to keep his star performers happy.

On the way home from Anne's party, RO and I had a fight. We were discussing possibilities about the store and RO asked me, hypothetically, about closing the store for good.

I told RO that as long as the store was closed professionally, that would be OK.

RO asked me what "Closing the store professionally" meant. I said it meant liquidating the inventory and paying off our debts.

That scared RO. It scared him because he didn't realize that I had though through closing the store. And he wondered how solid my support for him was if those were the sort of things I was thinking about.

He didn't want to talk about it. RO left me at home and he drove off to think. He returned about 4am.

He apologized the next morning and so did I, though we didn't really talk more about the incident.

He was hung over the next day. He spent most of it in bed.

Finding a balance in our relationship his hard. RO wants me to be open and tell him everything that I am thinking. At the same time often he can only stomach neutral and positive thoughts and praise. I have learnt to hide my darker thoughts from him. Not that I often have dark thoughts. It's just that there is no point in discussing them if I am only going to depress RO.

Such is life.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

I hope better days are for ya'll

tommy

Analytics