Saturday, September 08, 2007

I've watched "Gone with the Wind" for the first time. I'm kind of mixed on it. Since it has the reputation of being the best movie ever made, my expectections were high. I wasn't thrilled by the movie, but at the same time I was never disappointed or bored. Which is good since the move clocks in at just under four hours.

The cinematography is great.

But, the story was a bit too soapy for my tastes. RO mentioned that this was probably the film that spawned the soap opera. So, in that way it get's points for innovation.

That's the problem with great art of the past. Unless you first experience it when you are young, it comes off as cliched and done. I have to remind my self that this was the film that others redid that created the cliches.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Well........

My Dear................

Where is your Magnolia Flower......

Please, its a ritual down here to watch it before any teenage mastrubation begins....girls or boys..and lets hope the boys began before thier teenage years.

Analytics