Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring has hit Seattle. The weather is beautiful out and I am feeling, well, "All work and no play..." Being a middle manager at work and then having to help out with RO and the store, it sucks up so much of my time and energy.

It's hard finding a balance. I'd like to do less at the store, but RO needs someone to prioritize and coach him. He gets so caught up in the day to day work at the store, that he sometimes neglects important things like paying bills.

My day job is going well. I have large amounts of freedom. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. If I do something wrong, work on the wrong things for example, no one will notice for months, maybe even longer. If it was just me, then I would be fine with that. But, people report to me and look to me for guidance. I could tank their careers.

I guess this is just whining. Once I remember hearing "No matter how great your triumphs or how deep your sorrows, approximately five billion people have never heard of you and don't give a shit. So get over yourself." My life is good, and I have no one to blame but myself for taking on so much responsibity.

It's still sunny out. I think I will go for a walk.

No comments:

Analytics