Monday, June 12, 2006

I'm starting to get tired. Having two full time jobs is wearing me down.

The stress at my day job is increasing. This fall we hope to finish a three year project. My manager has let out subtle hints like "If you ever wanted to work over time, now is the time to do it."

Then there is the store. The cash the store goes through is unsettling. Advertising works, but is expensive. All of our income goes to paying bills. We'd be in big trouble if anything went wrong. Our fixed monthly costs have grown way beyond what I can support.

Don't get me wrong, the store isn't going under-- so far sales in June have been excellent. But as RO said after he sold a expensive chandelier, "Yea! We can pay our bills!" Its frustrating to sell so many luxury goods, yet have no cash left to show for it.

To calm my nerves I think about "Black Friday" the day after Thanksgiving when most stores (supposedly) become profitibale.

2 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Hang in there....RO and You will do Good!!!!!

Keep the Faith!!!!

Oh, btw, online catalog soon ????

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should sell more items on consignment. Then you wouldnt have to worry about the overhead. You could also lease space in your store to another vendor. Like a rug maker or a furniture craftsman.

Analytics