Wednesday, June 29, 2022

My parents are the kind of folks who, when company is coming, will start brewing a pot of coffee an hour ahead of time, so it will be ready, nice and hot when the company arrives.

My brother and parents are off to Ottawa today. Dad has a followup appointment from yesterday's cataract surgery. They also want to do some shopping.

My sister-in-law and I are staying back. Aside from my regular work, I am also following up on mom's doctor's appointment. 

And we are cleaning and purging. 

We've found much old food that needs to go. Spices and canned food that are ten years old. At first I was worried they were eating the old food. However, that is not happening. There are maybe three shelves of food in the fridge that they use regularly. That's all fresh and new. Everything else-- they have a pantry, a second fridge and a large stand-alone freezer-- is ignored. That food ages in place.


1 comment:

Bathwater said...

Taking care of our parents is something we all end up doing at some point. I never thought about it until it was time. I always thought of my parents as the strong ones that take care of us. You have already experienced it through your partner and your friends. I am sure you will also do a good job for your parents with the difficult task ahead.

Analytics