Tuesday, June 28, 2022

I am visiting my parents in eastern Ontario. My brother and his wife are here as well.

Some background info-- my mother believes she is a healthy independent woman. She doesn't know that she can't remember what happened more than 10 minutes ago. She becomes angry quickly should she be surprised by information that she is not healthy. Conversations about her car or health have to happen behind her back.

On our first evening here, we were all outside chatting. At some point my mother went inside to use the washroom. While she was absent, my father told us that mom has a tumor on her lung. She has received 8 shots of radiation to treat it. 

That was heavy and a big surprise. I'm sure dad didn't tell us because he didn't want to upset mom. I wish he would have told us long ago. I'm sure he didn't because mom would have been angry should he have shared that info with us.

Mom looks healthy. Perhaps a bit more thin than last time. She does not look like she has been receiving radiation treatment.

Unfortunately dad doesn't know any more information about the tumor than that. He doesn't know the type. The prognosis. 

Dad did have a call scheduled with the Doctor for today. Dad couldn't attend the call because he also had cataract surgery today. (Cataract Surgery! Another surprise) I took the call but didn't learn much. The doctor didn't have a recent CT scan. Either my parents forgot to get mom scanned again, or the scan has not yet made it to the doctor. Another call must be scheduled

No comments:

Analytics