Thursday, June 23, 2022

C2 and I had dinner with Clem and Bates. They are retired now and enjoying the time. Though, Bates mentioned that he has spent about half of his life savings in the past year. He must dial that back.

Clem and Bates both have healthy pensions. Blowing through life savings won't be as much of a crises for them as for most people.

They have also gone soft on leaving Seattle. Preretirement they considered selling their house and moving somewhere more affordable. Now they realize that they like Seattle. They enjoy traveling somewhere else for a few weeks, but then they are ready to return home. Sometimes it's nice to spend a few weeks close to family. It's also good to leave.


I stepped in it a little with C2. C2 and I frequently have dinner together on Tuesday. When Clem and Bates invited me to dinner on Tuesday. I texted C2 "Tuesday schedule... drinks with C&B at Diesel at 6pm. Dinner at LS at 7:15" He did not like the direct approach I took with the text. I do not order him around. We are friends. I need to ask.

I apologized. He got over it quickly.


1 comment:

Bathwater said...

My goal is to die penniless but to have enjoyed the time spent getting there. It's still a work in progress.

Analytics