Monday, June 20, 2022

Our weather is finally pleasant. The longest day of the year is almost here.

Saturday we visited the mother-in-law at here home. She is doing well though she quickly becomes tired.

Saturday evening we had dinner and a game night with some of our AA friends. It was fun. 

One of our dinner guests spent the night. He drove two hours to visit us. Rather than having him drive two hours back, he crashed in our spare bedroom. The next morning we had breakfast together and went for a local hike. Then he drove back to his home.

This experience led the husband and I to have some good conversations about our relationship. Sometimes I have problems connecting to people in the program. When that happens I'm prone to pulling up my cell phone and tuning out.  

The husband gets it that I may not want to build a relationship with everyone in the program. Instead of tuning out, he asked me to make other plans or do my own thing. I don't have to hang out with him just because he has an AA event.

We decided to coordinate our social lives a little more. Perhaps I'll visit my friends the same night he visits his AA friends instead of both of us visiting my friends one night and both of us visiting his friends the second. 

1 comment:

Bathwater said...

It is probably a good idea. You shouldn't have to do everything together socially.

Analytics