Dad and I have been catching up with family.
Last night we had drinks with cousin B&M. All is well with them. They’re expecting their first grandchild soon.
This morning we had water with cousin M. He is an interesting fellow. He lives the travel van life. He preaches a bit, but his denomination can’t afford real compensation. So he travels around in his van, doing odd jobs.
His diet is more strict than vegan, hence we didn’t have the traditional coffee and cookies. We stuck with water
After cousin M left, dad expressed relief that he didn’t ask to rent a room.
In the afternoon we had a brief chat with cousin H. It sounds like the major decisions for Aunt G’s funeral have all been made. She is more relaxed.
Cousin H and I have 36 shared cousins. She has even more on the other side of her family. She expressed frustration trying to track down the cousins to ensure they all knew of Aunt G‘s passing.
When mom passed, I did not call all of my cousins. Somehow they just found out. I am not embarrassed by my lack of etiquette.
1 comment:
In times of grief, there should be only the direct concern to take care of the living parent; all other family members should understand, period.
Post a Comment