Last night I went out with the movie bears and saw Sweet Home Alabama. I didn't really like it. It's about a woman who leaves small town Alabama, moves to NY and builds a great new life for herself. Years later she returns to Alabama and remembers how much she loves the old home town.
I was born in small town Ontario (Ottawa Valley). One of the happest days of my life was when I left the Valley for the the big city. I travel back to the Valley about once a year. When I'm there I don't regret leaving. So, when I see a movie about someone returning to a rural town, well, I don't understand. People leave small towns for good reasons-- career, something to do at night other than drink and watch TV, it's easier to make good friends in a large city. Those reasons never go away.
On the Road. to the Magnolia State, Land of Cotton, Good People and Other
Sundry Matters
-
Well, today finds me packing up for an early morning ride tomorrow across
the Big Muddy. My assignment from the Powers at Be is to delve into the
intake...
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment