Friday, April 23, 2021

I am powerless over free chocolate, cake or ice cream. Put a price tag on it and I can abstain. Tell me that there is left over cake in the garbage can and... well... more on that later...



Last weekend was Evan's Birthday. He rented a cottage at the ocean and invited us along. To celebrate, the husband brought along a huge, delicious take. We ate away at it the whole weekend. Really we gorged on it. Slices after dinner on Friday, for breakfast Saturday and then after dinner. More again for breakfast on Sunday.

It was huge. It was rich. It was delicious. 

On Sunday as we were leaving, Evan threw the last slice out. This lead to my afore mentioned garbage can diving.

We lucked out at the ocean. We experienced a freak April heatwave with low 70s temps and non-stop sun. Many of the restaurants where overwhelmed. Usually at this time of the year it's 50 degrees and cloudy and the Ocean Shore restaurants are staffed for that. On Friday, at the first restaurant that we approached, the hostess quickly announced "It's going to be 90 minutes to sit at a table and an hour for take out." I am happy she was honest with us.


2 comments:

Bathwater said...

Oh, that cake looks delicious. I am glad it is with you. I would have a hard time resisting it too.

"Tommy" said...

Yummy Yummy

Analytics