I'm not familiar with the lakes up north; from the photographs, they seem to have clear, deep water. During the winter months, do they freeze hard enough for ice fishing? Since this is August, do folks enjoy them now, during this time of year, for swimming, etc. I'm curious.
These particular lakes are glacier fed. They are very clear and incredibly cold even in summer. There is much fishing here, in both summer and winter.
The blue colour comes from rock-flour. As the glaciers move, they grind down rocks and creates a silt about the consistency of flour that looks blue when suspended in water.
Sunday Morning October 18, 2026
-
What a beautiful fall Sunday morning I woke up to today.
After my walk this morning, I stopped up at my fish pond and encountered an
unexpected visito...
A Note:
-
Yesterday morning, reading *The Washington Post and the WSJ, * I wrote
Senator John Kennedy, who grew up area near Zachary La. which is about 19
miles...
Disclosure
-
Dietitian usually checks in with my weight every month or two, not
necessarily every fortnight. It'd been relatively stable for several
months, so it wasn'...
Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake
-
I enjoy reading about the passions of those out of the mainstream. Perhaps
it’s jealousy. An answer to what I am passionate about has eluded me for
decades...
The Week to Come
-
It is going to be a busy week. Monday (today), I am picking up a new Buick
Envista. It is identical to the one I have now, except white this time.
What ...
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Dad
-
*Growing up in our household was like a roller coaster ride, what with slow
suspenseful climbs, ups & downs, twists & turns, and brain-rattling rails
and...
2 comments:
I'm not familiar with the lakes up north; from the photographs, they seem to have clear, deep water. During the winter months, do they freeze hard enough for ice fishing? Since this is August, do folks enjoy them now, during this time of year, for swimming, etc. I'm curious.
These particular lakes are glacier fed. They are very clear and incredibly cold even in summer. There is much fishing here, in both summer and winter.
The blue colour comes from rock-flour. As the glaciers move, they grind down rocks and creates a silt about the consistency of flour that looks blue when suspended in water.
Post a Comment