I'm not familiar with the lakes up north; from the photographs, they seem to have clear, deep water. During the winter months, do they freeze hard enough for ice fishing? Since this is August, do folks enjoy them now, during this time of year, for swimming, etc. I'm curious.
These particular lakes are glacier fed. They are very clear and incredibly cold even in summer. There is much fishing here, in both summer and winter.
The blue colour comes from rock-flour. As the glaciers move, they grind down rocks and creates a silt about the consistency of flour that looks blue when suspended in water.
The Life of Pi
-
The movie trailer deceived me. The image of a boy and a tiger on a boat
evoked Calvin and Hobbes. The book is most certainly not that. A ship
transportin...
Tis Friday
-
Tis Friday ...
End of the work week for me, well, in a tongue-in-cheek way. Being
semi-retired, I can't say I really work a 40-plus-hour week, to be h...
Update On Pat's Home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
-
Pat's home in downtown Hamilton, Ontario, Canada March 27, 2024 (the one on
the left with a yellow door)
Remember a few years back when I wrote about P...
A Win is a Win
-
I have to keep reminding myself that a win is a win. A year ago, I would
have been happy if any of my writing had been accepted for publication.
Now, I ...
Unstable
-
In the past couple of weeks, I've come to the conclusion that I am not okay.
I feel volatile, like a container under pressure, that could completely
destro...
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Dad
-
*Growing up in our household was like a roller coaster ride, what with slow
suspenseful climbs, ups & downs, twists & turns, and brain-rattling rails
and...
2 comments:
I'm not familiar with the lakes up north; from the photographs, they seem to have clear, deep water. During the winter months, do they freeze hard enough for ice fishing? Since this is August, do folks enjoy them now, during this time of year, for swimming, etc. I'm curious.
These particular lakes are glacier fed. They are very clear and incredibly cold even in summer. There is much fishing here, in both summer and winter.
The blue colour comes from rock-flour. As the glaciers move, they grind down rocks and creates a silt about the consistency of flour that looks blue when suspended in water.
Post a Comment