First world problems and opportunities.
My husband is off driving Mehl to the airport. Now I have a rare hour alone. I have a chance to reflect how our life has changing since retirement.
One of the benefits of my past job was that I had hours of built in quiet time to sit, to reflect, to meditate, to write, to work. I enjoy that quiet and miss it. It's difficult to schedule while we are traveling or hosting guests.
And I do mean quiet time. Not downtime where I turn on the TV or scroll social media on my cell. Hearing voices bursts the quiet time bubble. I immediately fixates on that conversation instead of my chosen activity. I am looking for genuine quiet.
I need to gently discuss this with my husband. He is more of an extrovert than I and is excited by our future travels.
1 comment:
Many folks don't like a quiet time; it's abnormal to them. I prefer my time here at the house, since I have no roommate, partner, or pet. I like to say I am the only pet at this house. I hope your husband understands.
Post a Comment