Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Work is busy. I have finished my part in our annual promotions and bonus process. It's always frustrating. There is never enough money to give everyone what they deserve. 

Perhaps my travel diarrhea is gone. Sometime this afternoon I noticed that I felt lighter and a little more energetic. The burn in my belly is gone. We shall see if I have any sudden compulsions to run to the bathroom.

I often claim that I need more down time. I'm trying to apply a little more discipline to what little downtime I have. It's easy to get sucked into social media, to play games or to watch some crap TV. I want to use my down time a little more intentionally. A little more journaling, reading and writing. A little more pondering, reflection and meditation.

I seem to have developed a bad habit of glancing at my phone when I experience five seconds of silence. 

So tonight I've turned on the music. A pad and pen are next to me. Let's see what happens. 

Damn it's hard to stay away from my phone.


1 comment:

Bathwater said...

It is hard to stay away from our phones. I think it is harder for the young. At least we have built up experiences that didn't include a phone.

Analytics