Sunday, February 12, 2023

We are back home. I am on the mend. A little tired, but I don't have the runs like the past few days. Our other sick travel companion is also recovering. 

There are a few good conversations the husband and I must have as a result of our trip.

First-- how do we do big group trips without all the organizing. It's easy to fall into a "the group does everything altogether" trap. Then one person has to drive the planning... "What time do we want lunch? Where?" That one person is usually my husband. He can be organized to a fault. And it exhausts him after a while.

Second-- I need to schedule more downtime for myself. As fun as PV, I was feeling overloaded towards the end. And that was before I got travel diarrhea. I don't want to go on nice trips, then return home overloaded and tired. I must master the art of saying no to group activities without sounding like I'm going to snub the group. 

1 comment:

Bathwater said...

I wouldn't like to go on vacation with a group. It sounds like it would be more exhausting than fun.

Analytics