Tuesday, November 08, 2022

I have uninstalled Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Reddit. 

I have started using Mastodon. I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it. It's a bit chaotic. 

Getting off of social media is as much about me trying to reclaim some time in my day than it is a political statement about Musk or Zuckerberg. Thought that did help. Their recent flare ups have caused me to ask "Where am I spending my time? How can I better do so?"

I am blogging a bit more. Though those have been very matter-of-fact. I am also reading more. 

Pulling up Facebook or Twitter is a very strong habit. Even a week after removing their apps, I regularly take out my phone and go to the spot where their icons once sat. Now I stare at the blank space and contemplate what to do next.

2 comments:

Bathwater said...

Good for you! I have to admit I still have Instagram and TikTok, but I try to minimize the amount of time I spend on them.

Bohemian said...

I have never read a Tweet or visited Twitter, it seems to me that some random thoughtless Tweet that someone puts out there with very little restraint isn't something I Care about enough to waste time reading. Seems a lot of Drama and Headaches are initiated on sites like that, and after 45 became known for incendiary Tweets, enough to get banned, and stir up a lot of senseless violence, I just felt perhaps that Community that relies on Twitter is not one I want to connect with at all. The Land of Blog has a wonderful Community and except for the occasional Troll or Bot, it's been a Joy for well over a Decade now. The rest, just a waste of Time, which is too precious to me to waste any of. Good for you to Dial it back.

Analytics