Monday, June 29, 2026

Uploaded Image

Eagles and crows do not get along. I have heard that eagles hunt baby crows in their nests. Once or twice a week I’ll see a group of crows mobbing an eagle.

Saturday morning while we were in the front yard, we heard a loud thump from our upper deck. We looked up and saw a mob of crows chasing an eagle. They were barely above the roof of our house and quickly flew off.

I wanted to know what caused the loud thump. Had a crow slammed into a window? Knocked over a flower pot?

When I looked on the upper deck I saw this fish. It’s about a foot long. I presume the eagle had the fish, but let it go to help it outfly the crows.

4 comments:

"Tommy" said...

The American Bald Eagle was removed from the Endangered List this past week. Used to hunt Crows in my youth; you put a sqaw box in a briar bush, and the Crows come. Sure does improve your wing shot skills.

Bella said...

How bizarre! At least you know how it ended up there.

Bathwater said...

Nice, an airborne DoorDash breakfast.

Harry said...

My brother suggested it was a perfectly good fish, and that we could clean it and have a fresh snack. No thank you.

Analytics