Friday, November 19, 2021

It's official. I am now an American. We are having a couple celebrations this weekend. The drinking friends tonight. The sober friends on Saturday.

The husband is more excited about this than I am. For me this was a very practical decision. I've lived in the U.S. for over twenty years. I'm married to an American. My career is in America. My home, savings and investments are in America. I'm going to be here, probably till I die, so lets just make the relationship official.

I've looked up some of what changes when you are an American v.s. a permanent resident. Of course I get the right to vote. I can also participate in jury duty. 

I can no longer be kicked out of the country for crimes of moral turpitude. That sounds like a challenge until you look up what moral turpitude actually is.

1 comment:

Bathwater said...

Congrats! I think. It is always good to have a back up country.

Analytics